There are a couple of ways to setup the images in the gallery on an Allwebco template. The method outlined on this page is for overwriting the actual .jpg gallery images. Another way is the copy and paste method. Click here for more details on this other method.
The best way to do this, and setup the gallery and slideshow at the same time, is to name your pictures by the default names that are used in the template gallery now.
Inside the gallery folder (in most templates) you will see files named for example:
Fgallery1-1.jpg (for the full sized.)
gallery1-1.jpg (for the thumbnail)
Setup the full sized image first:
1. Open the first graphic that you plan to use in the gallery. This will be Fgallery1-1.jpg for example.
2. Resize this image to be 750 pixels wide or less.
3. Choose "save as" on your graphics program menu.
4. Browser to the template folder, then to the "gallery" folder inside the template folder.
5. Click on the Fgallery1-1.jpg inside that folder one time (Fgallery1-1.jpg is the full sized image, gallery1-1.jpg is the thumbnail). The "file name" box should "grab" this name for you.
6. Now hit the save button. Click the eye below for a visual look at this:
Now setup the thumbnail image:
You have saved the full sized image above, now, resize your open image. Some templates have 100 pixel wide thumbnails, some have around 130 pixel wide thumbs. Some may also be 75 pixels wide. You can make your thumbs any size you would like.
1. Choose "save as" on your graphics program menu.
2. Browser to the template folder, then to the "gallery" folder inside the template folder.
5. Click on the gallery1-1.jpg inside that folder one time (in the first set of instructions this was the Fgallery1-1.jpg). Again the "file name" box should "grab" this name for you.
6. Now hit the save button. You should now test the HTML gallery page in your browser and make sure that the first image in gallery #1 is working properly.