Combine Minisite Website Templates
This page outlines how to combine pages from one Minisite into another. In most cases this is a very simple procedure.
Note on combining 2008 and 2009 Minisites:
You can combine 2009 and 2008 models. The best way to do this is to start with the 2009 model, then copy your older 2008 HTML pages and images into the 2009 model. Before you copy a CSS file over, be sure you make a backup of the 2009 CSS file and check all your pages for any CSS discrepancies.
Basic Page moving:
In most cases, to combine Minisite pages simply copy over the HTML pages from one Minisite folder into another Minisite folder. Then copy over the images from the copied page into the Minisite folder. EXAMPLE: To copy over the "quotes" page for a Minisite "business" model into a basic model. Copy the "quotes.htm" over and then copy over the "quotes.jpg" in the "picts" folder and you will be set.
Below are some pages that have more than just an HTML page and one image to move.
- PDF Page: Copy the PDFgallery.htm and 3 images: pdf.jpg, pdf_icon.gif and adobe-reader.gif.
- Links Page: Copy the links.htm and 6 images: links.jpg and 5 .gif images that start with the word search.
- Gallery Page: Copy the "gallery.htm", the "slideshow.js" the "gallery" folder and the gallery.jpg in the picts folder.
- Mp3 Player Page Copy the "samples.htm", the "sounds" folder the "flash_player.swf" and 4 images that start with the word "samples" in the picts folder. It is also best to use the "footer.js" included with the Minisite Mp3. The Mp3 footer includes a script to allow IE active content.
- Shopping Cart The "Merchant" model is the most involved so it's best to copy other Minisite models into this model. It also has a different sidebar.js with the view cart button.
The "Miss Nothing" Method:
One other way is to simply copy over all files and folders from one Minisite model into another Minisite model. EXAMPLE: Open the "mini01Basic" folder, select all files and folders, open the "mini01Biz" folder and choose paste. This method is best to use BEFORE you have done any editing. In this case you may not want to select the menu.js or the sidebar.js when you select all to copy. Or, when you copy over choose NOT to overwrite any files.
It's best to move a simple Minisite into a complex Minisite. Examples:
- Copy "Basic" model pages into a "Merchant", "Mp3" or "Gallery" model.
- Copy "Business" model pages into a "Merchant", "Mp3" or "Gallery" model.
- Copy other model pages into a "Merchant" model as "Merchant" is the most complex model.
Editing Minisite Menus:
Once the pages are moved or copied you will want to edit the menu or sidebar with new page links. See "Style #3" on the following support page.
If the Menu is Full:
Here are some options if there is no more room in the menu:
- Shorten your link names.
- Open the sidebar.js and near the top say "yes" to "SHOW SAMPLE LINKS IN THE SIDEBAR".
- Add links to other pages on the HTML pages.
- Add a Floating Menu.
Free Scripts and Add-ons