Allwebco Website Template Side Bar
Adding a Sidebar Area to a Template Page
You may want to add a new sidebar area to a template page. This support page is for adding a right sidebar. We are using the "about.htm" from a Garden model template as an example, however, this will work on any similar template. Google AdSense ads can be placed in the sidebar area you create.
Locate the following code or similar "table end" code in your HTML page:
<!-- END CONTENT TABLE -->
Copy the code in the box below and paste it just before the code indicated in step #1.
You can add some text in this sidebar area.
Perhaps you would like to add some new information or links to this sidebar. Import dates or reminders.
Test your page in a web browser to be sure it is working properly.
Adjustments and spacing
You may need to make some adjustments to the table to have proper widths and spacing.
- Adjust the width="90" in the code you added from step #2 for your sidebar width.
- Find the start of the "CONTENT TABLE" and adjust the cellspacing or cellpadding to adjust the witespace between the text and the sidebar.
- Find the start of the "CONTENT TABLE" and adjust "width" of the table if you need more room on the page. See Editing Table Widths for more details.
- In some templates you may need to add an extra cell for more space between the text and the sidebar. Use the following 2 lines of code and add it just above the code you added in step #2.
- Most templates include a "page-splits" class in your CSS file. Check the CSS file and if it does not include this you can add something like the following at the bottom of the CSS file to format the lines used in the code you added from step #2 on this page:
border: #999999 1px solid;
Editing The HTML Pages