Allwebco Paypal Type 2 Website Templates
Type 2 Paypal Order Form Setup
Check the top of your template help.html to see if you have "Type 2" Paypal forms. Your template "help.html" will clearly state "Paypal Type 2 Forms" near the top of the page.
Click here if you do NOT have "Type 2" forms.
Setting up "Type 2" Paypal forms:
STEP 1: Confirm your form type:
Check your template help.html to confirm you have "Type 2" Paypal forms.
STEP 2: Setup account:
Set up a PayPal merchant account.
STEP 3: Choose or add options:
The template Paypal forms may, or may not, include options. One option that effects the price and one that does not. You will want to choose what options to keep, or delete for no item options. Click visual for details:
If your forms do not include options they can be added when you generate your code in your Paypal account. See next step.
STEP 4: Generate code:
Login to your Paypal account. Click on the "Merchant Services" tab. Choose "Create payment buttons for your website". Choose the "shopping cart" in the "Choose a button type" option and follow the directions in Paypal to create your button. See visual below.
There is a "thanks-payment.htm" page included in your template. This is under "Step 3: Customize advanced features (optional)" in the Paypal form creation area. Click the "Take customer to a specific page (URL) after successful checkout:" on and add the following link and replace "your-web-domain.com" your website domain name:
When you are done, click the "Create Button" and you will see the following page:
Copy this code from the page and paste it into a new plain text file. To do this, open Notepad and paste the code in the window. Keep this file open, you will need to copy some code from here for the next step.
STEP 5: Edit the template form:
You will need only the "hosted_button_id" code number in cases where you have included no ordering options.
To edit a template gallery page form and have no options. Click the following visual:
To edit a template gallery page and include options. Click the following visual:
STEP 6: Test:
Open the gallery page you have edited in your web browser. Test the form button to be sure everything is working.
Shipping and sales tax:
All options including shipping and tax are setup when you generate the forms as outlined above. You will not use the examples on the other Allwebco template support pages if you have "Type 2" forms in your template, except for the currency option.
The thanks-payment.htm page:
Every Allwebco template that includes a Paypal cart also includes a "thanks-payment.htm". This is called a "return" page. Once a client sends a payment through your website, if you have properly setup this page as shown above, they will be returned to your website and to this page. Edit this thanks page with any info you would like.
Note for cart templates with mobile sites: Both the full site and the mobile site include a "thanks-payment.htm". If you do not want to generate separate forms for the full and mobile sites you have 2 options. OPTION #1. Use the mobile "thanks-payment.htm" page as the return page, include a link to the full site homepage on this page. OPTION #2. When generating your forms do not setup a return page and instead use the Paypal default return page.
Notes & troubleshooting:
- When editing, you can copy the code from the open Notepad file you created in step #4. Open the template gallery page in Notepad in another window and copy code from the generated code into your template page. Only copy the code as shown in the visuals above.
- Read all areas carefully when at Paypal when generating your code to be sure you have included shipping, tax or any other options. You will find video tutorials in the Paypal help area.
- If you have any problems, compare the code you generated to the code in the template page. If you have extra "hidden" fields in your generated code you may need to copy over the line that is not included in the template form.
- You will find other Paypal setup info on your help.html if Paypal forms have been setup on your template.
- All options including shipping and tax are setup when you generate the forms as outlined above. You will not use the examples on the other Allwebco template support pages if you have "Type 2" forms in your template, except for the currency option.