Custom Website Template Search
Help With Burgdorf's AWSD WebSearch
Below is a link to the script we are using in the support center for site searches. It can be downloaded and added to your template if you have Allwebco hosting or if your hosting setup includes a cgi-bin.
The script is called WebSearch and was written by Darryl C. Burgdorf.
Setup the search form:
To setup the search form included in select template models as a site search:
Download Websearch Script
- Download the WebSearch zip file and instructions.
- Configure and install websearch as indicated in the documentation. All this involves is uploading "websearch.pl" into your cgi-bin. Then CHMOD 755 this file with your FTP software.
- Delete or rename the search.js, then rename the OPTIONAL-Burgdorf-search.js to search.js. (included in select template models) (files may be in the "extras" folder)
- Edit the "your-web-domain.com" variable in the search.js near the top with your domain name. (included in select template models)
- Edit "your-web-domain.com" in one place in the search.htm. (included in select template models)
- This script is not created or supported by Allwebco. You will need to check the documentation included with the AWSD search application for setup and troubleshooting.
- View sample form code (Included in .zip download)
Adding a custom header and footer to the search pages:
This area will have more info soon.
Another option is to use the Google search engine to search your site only. Click here for details at Google